We´re now introducing a very classy Martin model – the Martin HD28. But this Custom Shop version has a little twist. The Adirondack top pushes the whole sound of the guitar.
The Martin HD28 is a high-end, hand-crafted acoustic guitar that has been a popular choice among professional musicians for over three decades. This is a dreadnought-style guitar, which means it has a large, deep body. The larger body produces a rich, full sound.
A combination of premium tonewoods, including a solid Sitka spruce top and East Indian rosewood back and sides, comes with the HD28.
These materials give the guitar its warm, resonant tone and excellent projection, making it well-suited for a variety of musical styles.
Why is The Martin HD28 so Popular?
The Martin HD28 is a popular acoustic guitar model for a number of reasons. One of the main reasons is its rich, full sound and excellent projection.
Another reason for the HD28’s popularity is its high-quality craftsmanship and attention to detail. The well-respected and trusted Martin brand is premiere in the guitar industry.
The HD28 has the same traditional craftsmanship and modern technology ensuring that each guitar is of the highest quality.
In addition to its sound and craftsmanship, the HD28 is also popular due to its versatility. It is a well-rounded guitar. Suitable for a wide range of musical styles, including blues, rock, folk, and country, makes it a popular choice among professional musicians and amateurs alike.
Where is The Martin HD28 Made?
The Martin HD28 is made in Nazareth, Pennsylvania, which is located in the eastern United States. Martin Guitar is a family-owned company that has been hand-crafting high-quality acoustic guitars in Nazareth since the 1830s. The company is known for its commitment to quality and has a reputation for producing some of the finest acoustic guitars in the world.
The Martin HD28 is made in the company’s Custom Shop, which is dedicated to producing the highest-quality, hand-crafted guitars. Martin’s famous craftsmanship and technology means each guitar is built to exacting standards. Only the finest materials go into Martin Guitars, including solid tonewoods and high-quality hardware.
All of these guitars are all made using the same attention to detail and commitment to quality as the HD28. These high standards are one of the reason why professional musicians and collectors around the world want Martins.
How Long Has The Martin D28 Been Made?
According to Martin Guitar’s website, the HD28 was first introduced in the 1980s as part of the company’s HD Series, which included a range of high-end, hand-crafted acoustic guitars.
Many Features of The Martin D28
One of the key features of the Martin HD28 is its forward-shifted scalloped bracing, which allows for greater resonance and sustain. This bracing pattern is achieved by carefully shaping the internal braces that support the top of the guitar, resulting in a more flexible and responsive soundboard.
Another notable feature of the Martin HD28 is its high-quality hardware. The guitar comes equipped with a set of gold plated tuners with butterbean-style buttons, which offer smooth and precise tuning.
The HD28 also has a traditional belly-style bridge made of rosewood, which adds to the guitar’s rich, warm tone and helps to transfer string vibrations to the soundboard.
The guitar’s natural finish is applied by hand and is made from a blend of nitrocellulose lacquer, which gives the guitar a classic, vintage look.
What Does The H Stand For In the Martin D28?
The “H” in Martin HD28 stands for “herringbone.” One of the key features of the HD28 is its herringbone inlay, which runs along the back of the guitar’s headstock and down the center of the guitar’s fingerboard.
The herringbone inlay is made from a pattern of small, interlocking “V” shapes that are typically made from wood or plastic. It is a traditional decorative feature that is often used on high-end guitars and is known for its classic, vintage look.
In terms of playability, the Martin HD28 is known for its smooth, comfortable action and easy-to-reach frets. The guitar’s neck has a modified low oval shape and a high-performance taper, which provides a comfortable and intuitive playing experience.
The HD28 also has a set of medium gauge strings, which are well-suited for most playing styles and provide a balanced tone.
Who Plays The Martin HD28?
There are many well-known guitar players who have played the Martin D28 series acoustic guitar over the years. Some of the most notable names include:
- Eric Clapton: Eric Clapton is known for his signature bluesy sound and has been playing a Martin D28 for much of his career.
- Johnny Cash: Johnny Cash was known for his signature “boom-chicka-boom” sound and often played a Martin D28 on stage.
- Bob Dylan: Bob Dylan is one of the most influential musicians of all time and has been known to play a Martin D28 on many of his recordings.
- Neil Young: Neil Young is known for his distinctive voice and guitar style, and he has been known to play a Martin D28 on many of his recordings.
- Dave Matthews: Dave Matthews is the lead singer and guitarist of the Dave Matthews Band, and he has been known to play a Martin D28 on stage.
- James Taylor: James Taylor is a singer-songwriter known for his smooth, melodic style and has played a Martin D28 on many of his recordings.
- Paul Simon: Paul Simon is a singer-songwriter known for his intelligent, introspective lyrics and has played a Martin D28 on many of his recordings.
- Bruce Springsteen: Bruce Springsteen is a rock icon known for his energetic stage presence and has been known to play a Martin D28 on stage.
- John Mayer: John Mayer is a guitar virtuoso known for his bluesy, soulful playing style and has played a Martin D28 on many of his recordings.
- Eddie Vedder: Eddie Vedder is the lead singer of Pearl Jam and has been known to play a Martin D28 on stage.
These are just a few examples of the many famous guitar players who have played the Martin HD28 and D28 series over the years. It’s rich, full sound and excellent projection, making it a popular choice among professional musicians.
Overall, the Martin HD28 is a classic guitar that has been in production for over three decades and is still highly regarded by musicians and collectors today. It is a high-quality, professional-grade acoustic guitar that is well-suited for a wide range of musical styles.
Whether you’re a seasoned professional or a beginner, the Martin HD28 is a guitar that is sure to impress with its rich, warm tone, excellent projection, and smooth, comfortable playability.
A very powerful and fine sounding Dreadnought that’s also good for fingerstyle!
More information about this guitar: